Saturday, February 1, 2014

Acid Rock Living Room


I've always been a huge fan of the seventies. Disco, roller skates, sequins, Studio 54 and scruffy guys in tiny shorts. Not so much seventies movies, but love movies about the seventies (i.e. Boogie Nights and American Hustle).

In fact, since watching American Hustle (and downloading the soundtrack) I've been exploring seventies interior design and furniture on 1st Dibs. It's not always pretty but it's always inspiring. Making it the inspiration for everything I dream of doing to my own place. This idea is usually constantly changing but I think I've found a niche I can live with.

The Living Room above is my latest creative outlet. Created as my own modern day interpretation of the seventies and grounded by a pretty major custom art concept inspired by Madonna (see photo below).


To be honest I've been influenced by this moment of Madonna's "Music" video since the first time I saw it. I always imagined it would be a cool art feature in say a Guest Bedroom, with two twin beds and "Acid" over one and "Rock" over the other. Very bachelor glam, very disco, very rock and roll, very Dallas Amante.

Here's a look at each piece that I've featured. I'm really in love with the Rochelle Apartment Sofa from Crate & Barrel. Seeing it in person does it better justice because you can experience the rich velvet upholstery, reminiscent of a seventies suit. The navy is easily understood, but there is also this awesome cognac color that would be amazing in a dark and ashy room.


Clockwise from top left: Brown and White Natural Cowhide from Y Living, Rochelle Apartment Sofa in Indigo from Crate & Barrel, Max Beam Table in Transparent Tangerine Orange from Y Living, Berkeley Coffee Table in Ebony with Brown Glass from Modloft, John Peacock Blue Floor Lamp from CB2, Papyrus Chair, t.e.042 Cushion Large in Multi-Colored from Y Living, and Netted Dot Pillow from Anthropologie.

No comments:

Post a Comment