Monday, May 6, 2013

Fendi Casa Re-imagined

 
I'm going to be brutually honest, Fendi Casa is pretty stale for a home line. I'm not saying it's not luxurious. The classic designs based on it's staple collections are of the upmost quality. But, there is so much more possibility!
 
My background in retail has taught me that basics are where the money is at. And my experience in Interior Design has followed suit. Basics are usually what you build your designs around. But basic is not my style. I feel there is so much opportunity for Fendi Casa to embrace their ready to wear collections. There is plenty of excitement coming down the catwalk that should find its way into your home!


So, I decided to explore possibilities for Home Furnishings based on the Spring 2013 Women's Collection. Bold, fashionable, and not like much out there right now for home designs. I think this direction would be much more exciting to see in it's Roberston Studio in Los Angeles. What do you think?
 
Above, we have two colorful lamp options. Each covered in domed studs just like the Fendi Baguettes that inspired them (below).


 
Next, a folding screen that features both new school and old school. The brown and black stripe is a staple for Fendi. This geometric logo however spices things up for Spring 2013 (above right). Featured on the last panel of my Folding Screen (above left), it leaves no question that your casa is Fendi. I like the way this design plays with the old and new. It gives a classic idea new life.

 
Above, I have a simple approach to bedding inspired by another geometric pattern featured for Spring 2013 (below). I love this color combination. It's feminime but could work well for a couple in a modern space. I chose to follow this wild pattern of the bangles. I like that it creates an ethnic vibe that plays with the modern geomtery. And for the small lumbar pillow, I looked back to domed studs. Only this time black on black (like the photo below right).
 
 
Below, a simple and linear bedframe (keeping in theme with our geometry) that features this amazing woven basket pattern featured on the runway (below right). This pattern could be created using leather in an oversized manner or even woven panels of wood stained to achieve the right colors.


To accessorize the home I've created some toss pillows (below) using various patterns and logos featured on the runway (see photos below the pillows). This is probably the simplest idea to accomplish, but I tried to find a perspective you might not immediately think of with the first pillow. It's lines and colors are based on a blouse and skirt. I love the color combination. And that geometric logo on a pillow (bottom right) was made for a luxurious bachelor pad.


Finally, below is probably my favorite idea and something I've considered for a while now but have never put into render. The Peek-A-Boo Bag from Fendi has become a staple design since it's debut. It's featured season after season in various leathers, patterns, and animal skins. My idea is to take half of this bag and use it's design principles as sort of a map pocket on the face of a drawer on a nighstand or desk. A place where you can store a book, photos, or maybe even love letters. An inspiring transition from runway to home.

The nightstand I used follows our geometric lines. And I took the handle from the bag and used is as a drawer pull for the top drawer.


No comments:

Post a Comment