Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crooks & Castles Home

 
I love the idea of being inspired by fashion to create the world in which we live in at home. Crooks & Castles has always been a favorite streetwear brand of mine. I'm a big fan of their gritty, colorful, and some would say offensive designs (see the "Cocaine & Caviar" tee). Especially when they take classic luxury brands like Gucci and make them street appropriate.


So, I decided to play around with custom bedding inspired by their designs. Above, is a sheet set idea based on the classic "Medusa" design that has long been a staple on their graphic tees. Snakes are a big part of design these days (see Kelly Wearstler). Below are some more design ideas I played around with.


For Spring 2013, Crooks & Castles introduced the "Sur California" collection. I've included some inspiration photos along with my designs for sheeting and throw pillows. Bright animal prints, chains, guns, and bullets; what else would you expect? Layer it up, mix it up, live it up!
 
And to include a little masculinity, a design for sheeting and throw pillows based on the "Bank Robber" graphic (top) and to complement it some pick-stitch guns and the Crooks logo. I think I'm going to play around with some more ideas inspired by Crooks, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment