Sunday, November 17, 2013

Education: Hubert le Gall


I have been on the hunt for colored mirrors. I first fell in love with this idea over a year ago when Caviar 20 featured a beautiful "Blue Yves" Large Art Deco Mirror. Now I find myself searching for colorful reflection for a project I'm working on in Los Angeles.

Sadly, the "Blue Yves" mirror has come and gone. It's been sold for quite some time! So, I took to 1st Dibs for other options and fell in love again.

Though these Gouttes Mirrors by Hubert le Gall aren't as bold as the Yves one, they are just as amazing. These faceted mirrors are like gems for your wall in subtle shades of aqua, rose and amber. Each one framed in either polished nickel or brass and available in two sizes. Think of the presence these mirror would create in a room when the sun reflects and warms the space.

It seems however, that I love everything le Gall is doing. Here is some background information on le Gall from 21st Twenty First in New York:

"Hubert Le Gall's work is a bold combination of sophisticated and playful. Inspired by the likes of Salvador Dali, Jean Cocteau, the Surrealists and Max Ernst, Le Gall introduces humor and beauty into every day life. Self-taught as an artist and sculptor before delving into design, uses classic materials to create pieces that inspire laughter and enchantment, while being meticulously crafted. A fixed star on the international design scene, he exhibits and sells his work globally."

Below is an additional photo of the Gouttes Mirrors and some other mirrors that I am seeing myself falling in love with every time I look at them, or actually, into them.

 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment