Sunday, October 20, 2013

Emerald Inside: Miles Redd


Another look at emerald in Interior Design in honor of The Wizard of Oz for my Storybook October. And, another look from Miles Redd.

I've featured Redd quite a bit through various topics. I do admire Redd, his is one of the rare Interior Design books that I do own. Is anyone exploding with color right now the way he is? My search for emerald interiors told me no.

I L.O.V.E. the art above the bed in this photo. I wonder if the wall color wasn't selected based off this piece of art. I love the intimacy of this space with all of the art surrounding the bed randomly placed on the walls.

Note the wall sconces in place of bedside lamps, which allows for smaller side tables. The Hermes orange of the headboard is one of my favorite colors. And Ruby Red (coincidence?) finds it's place in the linen details.

It's not an obvious color scheme-green, orange and red, but it's pulled together with this beautiful art. And the surprise scheme adds to this eclectic vibe.

1 comment: