Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Grey Inside: Kelly Wearstler


Not sure when this design by Kelly Wearstler was first publicized. I know it was recently, but it could have been late 2012. Either way it's been the object of my obsession for 2013.


I'm a bit of a contradiction in that I love dark rooms, but I also love color. This design conquers both tastes. A grey space lit up with hot pinks, bright purples, and just a little bit of pale blue. It's contemporary in design with three-dimensional walls, contemporary art and a clean lined coffee table. But, the sofa is a bit more traditional in shape and is upholstered in a velvet print much more popular with the conservative and "cultured" designers.

It's a well thought out mix of tastes and a bold living statement for those who are a bit more adventurous in the way they live.

And it celebrates one of my favorite colors in Interior Design, Grey! It's by far my Favorite Space of 2013. Check out an overall view of the room below.

No comments:

Post a Comment