Saturday, December 21, 2013

Have a Standout Holiday


It's the most wonderful time of the year! Right.

Not that I don't enjoy the Holiday Season, especially being with family. But, if working in retail for seven years taught me anything it's that you're not allowed to be a human being during the Holiday Season. Your life is fully committed to opening and closing a store so that people (usually on the edge of a nervous breakdown) can get the best possible deal for a gift that the receiver usually could have lived without.


So, it's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things. And the best way that I have found to do so is to put some meaning behind the Holiday Season. To limit the amount of gifts you actually give to those people that really impact your life, and to put meaning behind those gifts. It's not about quantity, it's about quality!

And in keeping with the theme of quality, I make an effort to create my own Holiday Cards to mail out to friends, family and the people in my business who have supported me and accommodated my needs to satisfy a client.

Above, is this years Holiday Card! I was inspired by Tom of Finland who always created his own Holiday cards that were always pretty outrageous (think Santa pleasuring himself with a Christmas tree trunk). Although this years is not as extreme as Tom would have done, I think he'd still enjoy it.

Traditional Nutcrackers with one drawing attention to the realization that most of the Nutcracker attire is pretty S&M. All you need is a leather harness, a speedo, a nipple ring and presto! The message inside, "Have A Standout Holiday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment