Saturday, December 7, 2013

La Grande Revue 31: Birthday Burlesque


It's been a growing theme to, well...theme my birthdays each year! Last year was the big three-oh celebrated with XXX: Dirty Thirty. This year in an effort to cover all of the themes I want to eventually do, it was La Grande Revue 31. Otherwise known as Birthday Burlesque.

The theme was burlesque and as you'll soon see my friends and I put on our best Lady Marmalade attire to take to the streets of West Hollywood and make a scene at Rasputin. Stockings, garter straps, ruffles and top hats!


I always have fun creating the invitation (above) and post it to all my social media outlets for anyone who wants to partake on the festivities.

Every year I put together a mix disc for my friends centered around the theme. This year's mix was a lot of fun. Take a look at the disc sleeve below.


Working in sections, The Show Begins...with Madonna, Bette Midler and of course the Marmalade crew of Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink and Lil Kim.

La Chambre Privee (the Champagne Room) is where things get a little more seductive with the help of Quincy Jones and Gene Pitney.

The Climax is the height of the performance with slower music to perform a little strip tease to. Christina Aguilera is a little disappointed with the performance with "A Guy That Takes His Time" following the Climax with Is That It?

Finally, La Grande Finale is upbeat and jazzy for the finish and a few extra tracks follow in The Afterparty.

Can't thank my friends enough for fully committing to this fun idea. And can't wait to see what we can pull off next year. Definitely one of the best moments of 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment