Friday, February 28, 2014

Sweet SixteenX2


Another birthday has come and gone, and another theme has gone down in the history book of Dallas Amante. You may remember previous birthday themes - La Grande Revue 31 and XXX: Dirty Thirty. This time, the theme was Sweet SixteenX2 to celebrate turning 32 (you get the math, right?).

It was an all pink, high school celebration. A West Hollywood Homecoming of sorts. Especially, since my two dear friends returned to Los Angeles for the occasion. Check us out in our gear below; the head cheerleader, the football jock and the sexy band nerd.


My mom helped me bring all of our outfits into creation. I cut all the details out of felt and applied them to our tees with fabric glue. We also made the "Sweet Sixteen" sash. I can't thank my mom enough for her help and my friends for once again, living it up in honor of my birthday!


And of course, it wouldn't be a themed party without a mix for all my friends! The Sweet SixteenX2 mix is heavy on the drums (including an instrumental drum line cadence), classic high school movie anthems, prom songs, high school party jams, songs like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Teenage Dream" and even a cheer intro! I designed a Dallas Amante letterman's jacket for the cover. Grab the whole playlist below.


1. Cheer Intro - The University of Michigan Marching Band
2. Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen - Neil Sedaka
3. Give Me All Your Luvin' - Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.
4. Supermodel - Jill Sobule
5. Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
6. Louie Louie - Auburn University Bands
7. Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
8. What I Like About You - The Romantics
9. Just A Girl - No Doubt
10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
11. Level 3 Cadence - Cassidy Byars
12. Grown Woman - Beyoncé
13. Lip Gloss - Lil' Mama
14. Get Ready (Steve Aoki Edit) - 2 Unlimited
15. Perfect (Exceeder) - Mason and Princess Superstar
16. Brass Monkey - Beastie Boys
17. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
18. Naïve - The Kooks
19. Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
20. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
21. The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe

1 comment: