Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Art: Alec Monopoly


You'll soon realize this post has nothing directly to do with Tom. I know, I'm breaking the rules for my topic of Tom! Hear me out though.


This is the artwork of Alec Monopoly, a featured artist at Guy Hepner (one of my favorite gallery's in case I haven't mentioned it enough already). Monopoly is an unidentified American street artist, graffiti artist, and painter. He is known for his satirical spins using the Monopoly man.

However, this group of work that I'm featuring uses Scrooge McDuck as well. I came across it while searching for art inspired by Tom Ford for my Pinterest board and features. Above is "Soak the Rich".

I love that this style mimics the contemporary art that you see in Ford's previous London home. On top of that, I love that it sort of both celebrates and mocks the rich. Ford's goods (as well as consumers) are often rich, luxurious, and I would say edgy. He has always been known for over-sexing fashion and breaking the mold.

Check out some more pieces from Monopoly, below.


No comments:

Post a Comment