Monday, July 8, 2013

Music: The One


Okay, if I were able to narrow down my favorite love songs to a "Top 5" this one would be near the top. There are a few different versions of Kylie Minogue's "The One" floating around in the music world but the one you are about to hear is my favorite.



There are even different videos available. One with Minogue and a goup of dancers sequined out under spotlights on a stage in what looks like a swanky nightclub. And then, this visual feast of Minogue and art deco graphics pulsing to the Freemasons beat.

If you've ever watched Minogue perform "The One" during her Aphrodite World Tour (which I definitely have, YouTube it!), it's easy to associate lyrics like "like a shooting star in the galaxy, making it's way to the heart of me" with that of Cupid and his arrows. This song moves! It's electric, it's sensual and sweaty, it's vulnerable, basically it's pure heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment