Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Love Language of Flowers


You've probably never considered the language of flowers until you've had to send roses to someone special. The color you choose to deliver can lead to plenty of analysis and speculation. But, it's not just roses that symbolize love.


Floriography, often called the "language of flowers", is a means of cryptological communication through floral arrangements. A way of expressing your feelings and desires through flowers. As if having a crush on someone wasn't stressful enough!

If your sentiment is welcome, communication through flowers is a lovely way to remind someone how you feel while dressing up their nightstand or dining table. I love sending flowers for this reason. It's a very old school method of Romance and I feel like it shows an effort with thought behind it. Who doesn't feel special when they receive flowers?

As I've already mentioned it is not just roses that say eternal love. There are several flowers and several different colors of flowers that express similar sentiments. Including Lilac (above), which I just found out represents "first emotion of love". Here are some more of my new favorites:

Acacia - Secret Love
Ambrosia - Love is Reciprocated
Asparagus (Foliage) - Fascination
Balsam - Ardent Love
Berrirose - Choose your Destiny, I Won't Give up my Promise, I'll Love You Forever
Clove - Undying Love
Delphinium - Ardent Attachment
Gardenia - Secret Love, Sweet Love, You're Lovely
Heliotrope - Devotion
Honeysuckle - Devoted Affection
Jonquil - Return my Affection
Lime Blossom - Fornication
Mallow - Consumed by Love
Moonflower - Dreaming of Love
Narcissus - Unrequited Love
Primrose - Eternal Love
Straw - United

No comments:

Post a Comment