Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pink Inside: India Mahdavi


This bedroom drives me nuts!! I have been obsessed with this wall treatment by India Mahdavi for quite some time. Pink, Black, Red, Gold and amazing.

Sadly, this is not an actual bedroom. India Mahdavi created this room for the AD Interieurs 2011 exhibition at Artcurial in Paris. But why hasn't this trend translated into actual interiors? Or maybe I should be one of the first.


Mahdavi is an architect and designer who founded her studio in 1999 and opened her showroom in France in 2003.

Here is a quote regarding the method behind the grand madness of this consuming paint job.

"I paint large pictures. I realize historically the function of painting large pictures is painting something very grandiose and pompous. The reason I paint them, however - I think it applies to other painters I know - is precisely because I want to be very intimate and human. To paint a small picture is to place yourself outside your experience, to look upon an experience as a stereopticon view or with a reducing glass. However you paint the larger picture, you are in it. It isn't something you command." - Mark Rothko

No comments:

Post a Comment